MIDDLETOWN, Ind. (May 24, 2010) - As part of Ameriana's 120 Year Celebration, Ameriana hosted a Community Hero Contest. After submitting nominations, community members voted throughout the past two weeks on their favorite candidates for Middletown's top community hero. Ameriana is proud to announce Lora Gift won for her volunteer work with the Middletown Food Pantry and for giving herself selflessly to the community.
As the winner of Ameriana's Community Hero Contest, Gift won a $250 donation to the charity of her choice - The Middletown Food Pantry.
Also nominated for the award were:
- Jim Cade for his community involvement at the Lions Club and at the Utility Office, and for lending a helping hand whenever he can.
- Phil Chandler for his countless hours spent as the head of the Middletown EMS.
- Deeann Conner for always putting others' needs before her own and for her assistance with special needs children.
- Joe Hilburt for his work as a volunteer firefighter with the Jefferson Township Fire Department, his work as a Henry County sheriff's Deputy and for his work as a paramedic.
- Dan and Lynn Pierce for their demonstration of hope, faith and giving back to the community. Lynn has been by Dan during his hospital recovery as his nurse, therapist and spiritual cheerleader, and she also makes time to volunteer at Middletown EMS and Charity's Angels.
- Beth Waters-Fisher for her display of determination, courage and positive attitude in coping with multiple eye diseases. She does not complain of her challenges, and her love of life is an inspiration to those around her.
- Curt Yeager for his management of the Middletown Food Pantry. Despite a physical disability, he continues to help those who are less fortunate by managing the Food Pantry finances, food donations and food distributions to those in need.
Ameriana Bancorp is a bank holding company. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Ameriana Bank, the Company offers an extensive line of banking services and provides a range of investments and securities products through banking centers in the central Indiana area. Ameriana Bank owns Ameriana Insurance Agency, a full-service insurance agency, Ameriana Financial Services, which offers securities and insurance products through LPL Financial (Member FINRA/SIPC), and Ameriana Investment Management.