If you've recently moved or want to change banks, it's not easy to know where to start. That's why we've developed the Ameriana Switch Kit, a step-by-step checklist. If you have any questions throughout the process, please Contact Us. We're here for you.
- Open your Ameriana checking account.
Select the checking account you prefer.
- Bring this information:
- State-issued driver's license with photo. (Other types of government-issued photo identification are required if you don't bring a state license. Ask for details. If you aren't an American citizen, please contact us.)
- Social Security Number and identification for all account holders (who must also provide their signatures.)
- Initial deposit of $50 in cash or check.
- Voided check or deposit slip from your current bank.
- Switch your direct deposit and identify any automatic payments
We'll notify your employer, or any other source that deposits funds into your old account, by submitting a signed Direct Deposit Application.
Plus, bring us 6-12 months of checking account statements, and we'll help you identify existing, recurring deposits and withdrawals that need to be transferred with this Payments/Transfers Worksheet. Next, we’ll give you an Automatic Payments/Transfers Request form to make changes easier.
- Close your former bank account.
Make sure all outstanding checks and debits have cleared before closing your old account. All you need to do now is sign a Former Account Closing Request and mail it to your former bank.
- You're done.
If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by an Ameriana Banking Center, call Customer Care at 800-487-2118 or (765)529-2230 or Contact Us.