If you've recently moved or want to change banks, it's not easy to know where to start. That's why we've developed the Ameriana Switch Kit, a step-by-step checklist. If you have any questions throughout the process, please Contact Us. We're here for you. Or, if you'd rather open your Ameriana account right away, take advantage of online account opening.
- Open your Ameriana checking account.
Select the checking account you prefer.
- Bring this information:
- State-issued driver's license with photo. (Other types of government-issued photo identification are required if you don't bring a state license. Ask for details. If you aren't an American citizen, please contact us.)
- Social Security Number and identification for all account holders (who must also provide their signatures.)
- Initial deposit of $50 in cash or check.
- Voided check or deposit slip from your current bank.
- Switch your direct deposit and identify any automatic payments
We'll notify your employer, or any other source that deposits funds into your old account, by submitting a signed Direct Deposit Application. (As you'll see on the form, Ameriana's Routing Number is 274970717.)
Plus, bring us 6-12 months of checking account statements, and we'll help you identify existing, recurring deposits and withdrawals that need to be transferred with this Payments/Transfers Worksheet. Next, we’ll give you an Automatic Payments/Transfers Request form to make changes easier.
- Close your former bank account.
Make sure all outstanding checks and debits have cleared before closing your old account. All you need to do now is sign a Former Account Closing Request and mail it to your former bank.
- You're done.
If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by an Ameriana Banking Center, call Customer Care at 800-487-2118 or (765)529-2230 or Contact Us.